Thursday, September 24, 2009

Father Son


Sorry about no blog being sent but have been in the hospital with my Bariatric Surgery. I want to thank the ladies at the Cleveland Clinic M61 Desk. I received such fine care from them. The Doctors were all wonderful also. Thanks again to Jamie Caleb, Anthony Dick and Bob Markowitz for coming to visit me in Cleveland.

Sympathies and condolences go out to the friends and family of Monte Clark. I talked to him several times and got a good feel about his coaching and playing duties, a fine man that will be dearly missed.

Now to the meat of this blog. Father son combinations are not an unusual thing. This pair was anyting but usual. Dub Jones was picked by Paul Brown for his speed and agility. He told me stories about how his family lived during football camp and how his family all had duties. Imagine if one of young Bert Jones, Dub's son, had the dubious task of warming up Frank Ryan and Jim Nanowski in camp. Bert attributes alot his learned skills in this process. Details are in the Book.

No comments: