Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tom Brown




I mentioned awhile ago about a player from the 1942 Pittsburgh Steelers, Tom Brown. Tom and I visited a couple of times at the River Rats Browns Backers Celebrity Golf Tournament and in Cleveland brfore and after games. Tom has become a good friend and his wife Shirley is a jewel. I asked Tom who his quarterback was during his 1942 season. His reply was 1966 Pro Football Hall of Famer "Bullet Bill" Dudley. I called Bill and had a very pleasnt conversation with him about his years in football with the separation of seasons from serving in WWII. Bill had great things to say about Tom which I already knew. Tom also told me about the wonderful treatment that Dan Rooney gave him and all his Steelers players respect. To still proudly wears his Pittsburgh Steelers Ring given to hm and his team by Dan Rooney.

No comments: